A few days ago made a selection of salads and pickles originated 2 questions: how correctly to pickle cucumbers and what, in fact differ from pickles pickled?
To answer the first question, I am writing this article, and the second answer immediately that there is an understanding of what actually we do today.
So, salting ogurtsov- is the process of storing the product by using the fermentation process. In this process, cucumber (or other salted products) lactic acid is released, which protects them from damage. In this case, the preparation is without vinegar and sugar. But the main plus-it does not require sterilization.
Beloved crunch and vkus- be only a side effect of salting process which may be enhanced by additional ingredients.
Pickling is zhe preparing a solution using vinegar, ascorbic acid or other acids, which act as an antiseptic and not give vegetables deteriorate. This solution is traditionally called the marinade.
This is the main difference between the two methods.
Let's look at a few examples of pickling cucumbers in the winter in the banks to see all differences and peculiarities.
Pickles for the winter in banks hot method without sterilization
This method is one of the most common. Preparation of brine produced by boiling, so the method called hot. For this reason, it is recommended to roll up the banks with iron lids, because nylon are "Siphon" pressurized hot steam.
Ingredients for two 3-liter jars:
- 3-4 kg cucumbers (depending on size)
- 3-5 pieces of hot pepper
- The leaves of black currant, cherry, horseradish (or horseradish root) may be leaves of walnut or oak
- Sprigs of dill seeds
Brine (about 5 l):
- 1 liter of water - 1.5 tbsp salts with slide
1. Cucumbers are thoroughly washed in running water, then put in a deep saucepan and fill with cold water. Leave for a few hours, preferably overnight. Then again wash the vegetables and remove them in another bowl.
This is one of the first secret that cucumbers have turned crispy and juicy, not withered and limp.
2. Peppers and horseradish root cut into thick slices.
3. Now take the same deep pan and line the bottom of the leaves of cherry, currant, and others that could be found. On top put a few pieces of horseradish and pepper.
4. Next is a layer of cucumbers.
5. spread the layer 3-4 thus cucumbers and spices.
The thickness of the layers is selected arbitrarily. The more layers will turn out, the better.
The final layer to be green.
6. When all the cucumbers will be in the pot, fill them with brine. For its preparation must 1.5 Nl salts with slide 1 liter of water. Just need 5 liters of brine.
On top of the pan put a plate, a smaller diameter than the pan and put it on the press. For example jar with water.
7. We reserve the cucumbers under pressure for 3-5 days. Temperature and storage conditions are not very important. Ready for the next step will come when the formed white film on the water surface.
White film-is a lactic acid fermentation of vegetables bakterii- result.
8. Now brine merge into another container (it is still useful to us), all the leaves and other spices remove and cucumbers thoroughly under running water.
9. And add them to the 3 liter cans.
10. The fusion brine bring to a boil and fill into jars to the top. We cover boiled lids and leave for 10 minutes.
11. Then, brine again merge into the pan, it was returned to a boil again and pour it into jars with cucumbers.
Pour the brine is necessary so that it began to overflow the banks.
Then cover with the jar and roll up.
12. Now banks need to turn over, cover with a blanket and leave until cool. They can then be stored in a cool dark place.
Pickles will be ready for use. when the brine from the dull white will light, and formed a little sediment at the bottom.
Crispy pickles cold method: Recipe 3 liter jar
This is called a cold, because it does not require boiling brine. It is designed under the nylon cover and naturally goes without crimping that greatly simplifies the process workpiece.
The most delicious recipe for cans with screw caps
This option I think the most delicious, because garlic is used in the cooking process. He always gives the dish a special flavor.
A nice feature retsepta- ability to store cans in the apartment for a couple of years.
These cucumbers are eaten very quickly, so it is better to harvest a single portion in the banks of 700-800 ml and use screw cap.
Ingredients for 10 cans of 800 ml:
- Cucumber - 4-5 kg
- Carrots - 4 pieces
- Garlic - 30 cloves
- Dill dry - 5 branches
- The root and leaves of horseradish - 5 pcs
- Salt - 5 tbsp
- Pepper - 5 tablespoons
- Bay leaf - 10 pcs
- Water - 5 liters
- Hot pepper (optional) - 3 pcs
1. Carrots cut into slices, cubes hrena- root. Garlic wash and clean, dill break at straws.
2. Take clean jars and put them in 3-4 wedges of horseradish, 3-4 sprigs of dill, a slice of hot pepper (optional), and 3-4 cloves of garlic.
3. Then tightly cucumber We thrust (vertical) and put on top few bubbles carrots.
Separately, in a pan or plastic container is put 1kg of cucumber (with spices), which will be needed to add to the banks in the cooking process.
4. Prepare a brine having dissolved in 5 liters of water 5 tablespoons salts and bringing the mixture to boil, after which it spill on banks and tightly close their lids. The container also pour the brine and also cover with a lid.
Cucumber leave as such for 24 hours at room temperature.
5. A day later merge all the brine into the pot and boil it again. Cucumbers in the jars for a few hours "uzhmutsya" and they will need to add the cucumbers from the container, and then again, pour the hot brine into jars, cover and leave for another 24 hours.
6. Again, the next day the brine to be drained, boil and pour into the bank again. After which it can be tightly wrapped and banks, ensuring tightness, flip-down lid, to wrap a blanket and so leave until cool.
7. When the jars cool, overturn them in a normal position and store in a flat at room temperature, without worrying that they burst, cucumbers or deteriorate.
Recipe for pickling cucumbers in the winter with mustard
A great way for anyone who wants to taste pickles "like out of the barrel." The taste is slightly sour and sharp little. And with mustard cucumbers are especially crispy.
Ingredients for a 3-liter jar:
- Cucumber (fresh) - 1.7-1.8 kg
- Water - 1.5 l
- Salt (with a small slide) - 3 tbsp
- currant leaf - 5-7 pc
- Cherry Leaf - 10
- Oak leaf (optional) - 2 pieces
- Dill (umbrellas) - 4-5 pieces
- horseradish Sheet - 1-2 pieces
- Dry mustard (Mustard powder) - 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper (pepper) - 10-12 pc
1. Cucumber well washed, cut the ends and soaked in cold water of not less than 4 h.
Thereafter they are washed again and tightly laid in a jar, which is laid on the bottom half of the green and cooked pepper. We shift the remaining green cucumbers.
Fill jar with boiling brine for most neck.
Brine boil them prepare 1.5 liters of water to a stirred salt therein (3 tablespoons).
2. Cover the jars kapron lids, and when the brine is cool, remove the lid and cover with gauze necks. We reserve cans in a form for 2 days at room temperature, periodically removing the formed white film.
3. Two days later, the brine is drained into the pot and boil again. Then again it will be necessary to fill the cucumbers, but before that you need to add the jar dry mustard.
So, pour the hot brine, cover with a lid, and after cooling remove it and leave it alone for cucumbers 6:00.
4. After that the last time and merge the brine boil, fill it back into the jar, and roll up it was allowed to cool under coat upside down.
At first, the brine will be cloudy, but as mustard subsidence, he has cleared. This would mean that the cucumbers to pickle and ready for use.
Quick and delicious recipes with vodka and vinegar
So in the end I offer the original recipe for pickling cucumbers on vodka. In order to accelerate the process, we even add vinegar, which, as I wrote in the beginning, is not typical for brining process. But speed is important.
This recipe is just for a quick pickling, and until cooked cucumbers will be up for another week.
- Cucumber - 3 liter cans (depending on the number of different size)
- Horseradish leaves, black currant, cherry - a pair of pieces
- umbrellas of fennel
- Garlic - a couple of cloves
- Black pepper and allspice
- Water - 1.5 l
- Salt - 3 tablespoons
- Vinegar 6% - 2 tablespoons
- Vodka - 100 ml
1. Cucumber soaked in cold water for 3 hours, after which the water is drained and the tips cut off.
2. At the bottom of a sterilized jars lay out all the spices and leaves, then tightly compacted cucumbers.
3. Fill into a jar boiling water with dissolved salt and vinegar. Reserve a place for vodka, which is poured at the end, so that the liquid was up to the brim.
4. Now we cover with gauze jar and leave for 12 hours and removing the resulting foam periodically.
5. After said time, closing the jar lid caproic, boiled a few minutes in the water and remove a dark cool place.
A week later, the pickles are ready.
Here is an interesting and varied selection available today. I'm sure you already have noticed retseptik that fell you like the most.
And I have for today, thanks for your attention.